Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Survival Movie

Best Survival Movie

What the best survival movie for you?
    I remembered the movie entitled ALIVE. The plane crashed in a cold weather place. The survivors ate the flesh of dead people inorder to survive. I was the movie of the year. Have you seen it?

No I have never seen the movie before. But from what you have said I may look for it at the video store. Do you happen to know if it's based on a true story?

I read the book and really wasn't all that amused. I was forced to read it in the sixth grade. I also had to read The Jungle that year; talk about depressing.

Well now that I think of survival movies there are plenty just not relating to adventure sports. But I was just thinking of the movie cast away with tom hanks. That one wasn't bad!

Well if this is applicable the season of Lost is the best for me! lol, I like watching it, I have it on DVD's!

Quote Originally Posted by ExCal View Post
    No I have never seen the movie before. But from what you have said I may look for it at the video store. Do you happen to know if it's based on a true story?
    100% sure. The movie Alive based on a true story.

It is about a true event.

Quote Originally Posted by shinningstar View Post
    What the best survival movie for you?
    I remembered the movie entitled ALIVE. The plane crashed in a cold weather place. The survivors ate the flesh of dead people inorder to survive. I was the movie of the year. Have you seen it?

Yeah, the first movie I thought of was Alive, as well. It's not just a great survival movie, but also a great film, period. It's really moving, suspenseful, and terribly sad.

I also liked Flight of the Phoenix, which is kind of a stock Hollywood action film - but it was pretty entertaining, and decent, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ExCal View Post
    Well now that I think of survival movies there are plenty just not relating to adventure sports. But I was just thinking of the movie cast away with tom hanks. That one wasn't bad!
    Wilson should have got Best Supporting Actor for that movie.
    Delicious tea? or deadly poison!

The plane crashed in the Andes mountains in South America in the 70s. Great movie. I like to think I would have been a cannibal rather than food, but who knows.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast